It’s not too early to start planning for the big day especially if you are travelling as you will be packing your bags well before Christmas Day.
Christmas day is a big celebration in our house and usually starts out with present opening, hanging around having a drink in our PJs and then heading to Christmas Day Mass. This followed by a big turkey and ham feast. My Christmas day outfit has to work for going to mass, helping prepare the Christmas dinner and usually a walk after dinner so it’s all about comfort and style.
- Start by choosing a colour combo that works for you. The outfits in the set I have prepared would work for someone with warm or muted Autumn colouring.
- Choose fabrics that can breathe and that allows you to layer a warm coat over if you are planning to go outside. Avoid chunky jumpers as you will overheat inside.
- Select your shoes wisely; while stilettos will likely look lovely with your outfit, a pair of wedges or booties will be more comfortable and practical for a long day.
- Outfits that allow room for expansion are a good idea as most people tend to over indulge a little (or a lot!) on Christmas Day.
- Add a little festive cheer by adding some sparkle or shine in your outfit, however be aware that shine brings attention to an area so be sure to place it somewhere you want people to look. An alternative is to select an outfit in a Christmas colour like red, green or gold to up the festive factor.