If you are a colour consultant or an image consultant and you do not have a consistent flow of clients, then here are some things that may be distracting you and keeping you from being where you want to be in your business. I know all of these distractions intimately as I have been there myself in the past and I learnt the hard way that these things will not get you more paying clients.
- The Serial Drape Buyer: Most colour consultants I know love their drapes and they faff around endlessly rearranging them and buying new ones. Clients don’t care about your drapes; they just want to look good. I know how warm and fuzzy it feels to buy that new drape stand and select more beautiful drape colours but this will not help you get more clients in the door.
- Rewriting your website: A website is not necessary to get paying clients. If having the perfect website is holding you back, then forget about it and come back to it later when you actually have clients and you can afford to pay for the domain, the hosting and to get help writing it.
- I don’t know enough: This is common among consultants as they start out and often causes a business to fail before its starts. If you have taken basic training in colour and style, you know more about looking good than the majority of people on the planet. Start booking clients, show them what you know and your confidence will grow. There is no book or course that you can substitute for taking action.
- You struggle with your own image: I am blue in the face from telling consultants that it is extremely hard to be objective about ourselves. As an image consultant, you can also reach out to get help with your own image. If you struggle with your own colours, I am not surprised. This is common after training and before you have integrated your learning by practising your skills. Reach out and get help. I do online colour analysis for just €99 and your struggle with your own colours will be no more.
- You have little or no business skills: This is common with image consultants in the first 5 years of their business. Most image training courses focus on the technical skills of colour and style and teach very little about having a profitable business. I ended up having to learn by trial and error and it took me years to build my business. This does not have to be the case. If you want to learn how to make your image business profitable and scale it up, message me.
In the meantime, here is a free download that will help you get more paying clients now.