I can’t believe it but Christmas day is already upon us! That happened fast in the end.
Have you thought about what you are going to wear?
Having an outfit planned will take some stress out of the day and help you feel more comfortable as you navigate what is a very busy day for most people.
Christmas day is a big celebration in our house and usually starts out with present opening, hanging around having a drink in our PJs and then getting dressed and going to Christmas Day Mass. This followed by a big turkey and ham feast.
My outfit has to work hard and take me comfortably through a chilly trip to the church, a very hot kitchen, an after lunch walk and drinks later in the afternoon.
Here are my thoughts on how to be best prepared:
- Start by choosing a colour combo that works for you. The outfits in the set I have prepared would work for someone with cool or Winter colouring.
- Choose fabrics that can breathe and that allows you to layer a warm coat over if you are planning to go outside. Avoid chunky jumpers as you will overheat inside.
- Select your shoes wisely; while stilettos will likely look lovely with your outfit, a pair of wedges or booties will be more comfortable and practical for a long day.
- Outfits that allow room for expansion are a good idea as most people tend to over indulge a little (or a lot!) on Christmas Day. Bring on the elasticated waistbands!
- Add a little festive cheer by adding some sparkle or shine in your outfit, however be aware that shine brings attention to an area so be sure to place it somewhere you want people to look. An alternative is to select an outfit in a Christmas colour like red, green or gold to up the festive factor.
Once you have your outfit sorted, you can then relax and let your hair down and enjoy all the lovely food and company.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with lots of love, peace and fun.👠🍾🎄🤶🏼