As more and more people are asked to stay home, flights cancelled and whole countries put on lock down, people are panicking and thinking of the devastating impact Corona virus is going to have on their business . There are ways you can minimise the impact and here are my thoughts on how you and your business can get through this difficult phase and come out the other end stronger.
- Take some time every day to meditate, pray, or sit quietly so you can move beyond the fear and confusion that is bound to be happening in your mind. List at least 10 things you are grateful for and 3 things that you are looking forward to. Better still, write them down. Getting your thoughts and fears down on paper will immediately start clearing the fog. Once you move past the fear and confusion, then you can see the wood for the trees and finding solutions for you business becomes easier.
- What have you been putting off doing because you have not had time to do it up till now? This quieter period is the perfect time to blow off the cobwebs from a project that you have been trying to get around to. This might be creating a lead magnate for a fabulous product you have, starting a newsletter or writing a blog. These activities will bring more eyes to your website and create awareness about what you do and how you can help people. These activities will also grow your subscribers list and you can let people know other ways they can benefit from your services.
- Go online. Do you have a free online group? Do you provide workshops on line? If not, then now is the perfect time to look into how you can do this. Lots of people will be home and they will be turning to find help online. What can you provide to help people feel better? An online colour analysis? A Colour Update? An online shopping experience? If you haven’t done this now up till now then this is your nudge from the universe to just do it.
- Reach out to past clients. Check in with them and see how they are feeling. How are they coping during this time? Let them know that they can pop you a message any time? Let them know about any upcoming (online) events that you have and how you can help them from home. I know many of you have online clothes and accessories side hustles; this is the perfect time to promote this side of the business.
- Help yourself. There is support out there and every image consultant in the world is in pretty much the same place as you right now! My Savvy Personal Stylists Online Network is my free facebook community where I support and provide training to savvy image consultants and personal stylists from all over the world.
Aside from the list above, I remind myself throughout the day that this extraordinary time will pass too. Remember to stay well and make the most of it. Corona virus will change how things are done in the world for sure. You may even be able to look back and say ‘That was the turning point in my business. That was the time I knew I had to pull up my big girls pants and get serious about making it work.’
Will that be you? Drop me a message and let me know.