I have been hearing that image consultants and personal stylists are feeling quite ‘icky’ talking about and promoting their colour, style and wardrobe services because of the much bigger and more serious issues going on around the world at the moment.
I think now more than ever, colour, joy and anything that lifts peoples spirits is badly needed. Additionally ‘getting your colours done’ is an investment in yourself, your career, your family and one of the best things you can do for the planet. Now, that doesn’t sound one bit frivolous to me.
Here are 6 reasons why I think colour analysis is a fun and important investment in yourself:
- Your skin, hair and eyes radiate health when you wear the right colours and you get to wear less makeup to look fantastic. How is that for a saving in money and time right there?
- You spend far less time and energy shopping when you know your perfect colours. You can walk into a shop and walk past the majority of whats in there and go straight to the colours that light you up.
- Imagine how much you will love your wardrobe, when you look inside and know that every single colour in there suits you and every colour in there works with every other colour. Think how much stress you will be saving yourself every morning when putting your outfits together.
- Knowing your colours is one of the most Eco friendly things you can do because when you know your best colours and you buy only those, you will wear your clothes to death. You will also be able to make the most of shopping in thrift stores and be able to pick and chose pre-loved items in colours that make you look fantastic. How sustainable is that for you?
- How often have you come away from the hair salon with a less than flattering colour after paying through your nose for baby fine highlights? Imagine being able to tell the hair colourist exactly what you want. Should you be asking for a cool or warm base colour? A bright or a muted colour? What is your best level of contrast? All this information is part of a routine online or inhouse colour analysis and all for less than what you would pay for one or two trips to the hair salon to get your highlights done!
- Colour and colour contrast play a key part in looking professional and put together. Do you know your best level of contrast in the clothes you wear? Do you know how to elevate that level of contrast when your are required to look more professional, confident or authoritative?
As image consultants we know that getting our colours done is life-changing. For gods sake, its probably one of the main reasons we decided to become image consultants in the first place. Now is the time to go out there and share our gift with others and show them how ‘Getting their Colours Done’ is one of the best investments they will ever make both personally and professionally. And did I say how much fun it is?
So what have I missed? Do you have any other compelling reasons why someone should book in with you for a colour analysis right now?